Massage therapy strengthens and conditions the body and impacts every system either directly or indirectly. It is also an effective way to relax and reduce unwanted stress.
Massage therapy employs basic techniques that can be used alone or built upon to tailor the massage to you and your needs. The techniques and the amount of pressure used vary from gentle relaxation to deep tissue release. The client decides on the focus of the massage, relaxation or reparative, and the depth of pressure used, light to deep. Different techniques produce different effects.
Treatment massage focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, lower back tightness, and sore shoulders.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduce stress – anxiety – insomnia
- Alleviate muscle tension and tightness
- Soothe discomfort from strains, sprains, tendonitis and whiplash
- Reduce swelling and bruising due to injury or surgery
- Ease headaches – frequency and intensity
- Lessen pain due to soft tissue injuries
- Help to manage hypertension
- Relieve “sciatic nerve” pain
- Ease pregnancy discomforts
- Promote healing – pre and post surgery and post injury
- Increase range of motion
What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health care discipline that utilizes a non-invasive, natural approach in restoring patient health without the use of prescribed drugs and surgery.
Chiropractic can help your body perform at it’s best through:
- Relief from acute or chronic headaches, neck and back pain
- Relief from acute or chronic extremity joint pain and stiffness
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Correction of gait and foot problems
- Improvements in posture and symmetry across the body
- Improved movement in neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Improved flexibility