Massage therapy strengthens and conditions the body and impacts very system either directly or indirectly. It is also an effective way to relax and reduce unwanted stress.
Massage therapy employs basic techniques that can be used alone or built upon to tailor the massage to you and your needs. The techniques and the amount of pressure used vary from gentle relaxation to deep tissue release. The client decides on the focus of the massage, relaxation or reparative, and the depth of pressure used, light to deep. Different techniques produce different effects.
Treatment massage focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, lower back tightness, and sore shoulders.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduce stress – anxiety – insomnia
- Alleviate muscle tension and tightness
- Soothe discomfort from strains, sprains, tendonitis and whiplash
- Reduce swelling and bruising due to injury or surgery
- Ease headaches – frequency and intensity
- Lessen pain due to soft tissue injuries
- Help to manage hypertension
- Relieve “sciatic nerve” pain
- Ease pregnancy discomforts
- Promote healing – pre and post surgery and post injury
- Increase range of motion